- This event has passed.
March 23 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
In Townsville, Harmony Day will be held on Saturday 23rd March, 2019 from 10am-3pm at the Museum of Tropical Queensland. The event takes place in the greater gallery area, which is the whole first floor of the building. Townsville’s 2019 theme is “Everyone belongs – Music joins us all”.
Collaborative partners organising the event are – Museum of Tropical Qld (MTQ), Townsville Multicultural Support Group (TMSG), Anti Discrimination Commission Qld (ADCQ) and Diversicare and we also have Triple T community radio on board.
How the day looks:
- multicultural community groups will have approximately 25 minutes on stage to highlight their culture including traditional music & dance (and food if they wish).
- throughout the day, groups will be able to workshop traditional crafts, music or games in an adjacent room;
- there will be a sampling tent with African/Turkish coffee and a Chinese tea tent;
- a “Talking Tent” will provide an opportunity for communities to spend time in the tent and talk to interested and inquisitive members of other communities about their culture.
- As MTQ is open to the public and also promotes the day, everyone visiting the museum has access to the event.